Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Timetables

Can any one help? We have a 60 child reception, 2 teachers, 1hlta and 2 tas. I feel as though I am rushing to fit everything in as our ta just focus on child initiated and the teachers o the rest? Can we share the teaching load? We have to fit in guided reading, lit, num, phonic, floor books and all the rest. Any advice please?

Surely your HLTA who would be a level 4 staff member could share the work load and maybe even your TA depending on their qualification level.

Delegate more I would say. It should be a team effort in reception.

Our reception has one teacher and one level 2 TA and they work brilliantly together and they do share the load and have key groups etc.

We do value the quality of play and encourage it. We do however have to fit so many things into a timetable ( of which I am trying to make less structured and more flexible). I would like to say that I would get all covered through quality play in the environment but certain outcomes need a more structured approach and less distraction.

• 9 months later...

I completely understand how you feel. Having gone from one brilliant TA and a brilliant EYP with me this year, in September, I will have one brilliant TA with me 5 mornings a week, and then it's just me in the afternoons with my reception class (one of my afternoons is my PPA time). I am having to consider making my timetable more rigid in order for it to work and to cover all of the things I need to do.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I am new here and not 100% about how to navigate around the site. I am currently in the process of setting up an early years unit with 25 nursery and 28 reception and would appreciate any ideas about setting up a timetable and ideas of how to organise it. Any help will be most appreciated. :rolleyes:

I didn't mention that there will be 2 teachers and 4 TA's.

2 outdoor areas, a craft area and 2 classrooms with only half a dividing wall.

Can become quite noisy at times as you cannot shut off any of the areas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)