Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Planning

I am currently reviewing our weekly planning format for nursery and wondered if anybody would share ones that they use.

Last year I taught reception and I feel that Nursery is slightly different. Does any one have a weekly planning format that works? xD

Thanks for your help!! :o

Hi Kate,

Welcome and thanks for your first post :D I think you will find plenty dotted around the site, just do a search for 'planning' - but be warned, it crops up a lot!! :o

There was a weekly and a daily one posted very recently, I recall, but can't remember where - I will try to locate it for you

Sue

Welcome Kate,

I see 112 people have looked at your post and only one reply, this isn't because we are unfriendly, Promise, it is just that your request is quite broad.

I hope you have found Sue's advice useful and have spent hours looking at all the planning ideas dotted around the forum.

Planning is quite "personal" to each setting and we are all constantly evolving our individual planning formats and speaking for myself, never really sure if we have it right yet :o always something to adapt.

As another starting point have you seen the examples in the Guidance for the Foundation Stage curriculum?

Hope you're having fun in Nursery, which do you prefer, Nursery or Reception?

Peggy

Kate,

At my recent inspection I was told that the format was unimportant. It was what actually went into your planning. I use alot of observations of the children to inform my planning and this was what they were looking for. :)

And by the way, welcome to the forum. :D

Hi Kate

At this time of year our weekly plan is quite basic and I don't show the continuous provision. Obviously the planning changes as the year goes by and then includes adult led activity lessons plans which identify differentiation and include assessment and evaluation details for each group.

Anyway back to this week which is the first week when all the children have started so obviously they're still all settling in and getting used to the routines and each other. Here's a copy - hope it's helpful. If you want copy of one we used later in the year let me know

weekly_plan_term1.doc

Hi Kate

At this time of year our weekly plan is quite basic and I don't show the continuous provision.  Obviously the planning changes as the year goes by and then includes adult led activity lessons plans which identify differentiation and include assessment and evaluation details for each group.

Anyway back to this week which is the first week when all the children have started so obviously they're still all settling in and getting used to the routines and each other. Here's a copy - hope it's helpful.  If you want copy of one we used later in the year let me know

40268[/snapback]

Thanks to all. This has been helpful. I would really like some more examples . :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)