Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New School Staffing Structure

mundia

HI peeps. Wonder if I can get some perspectives on this pelase? How are your schools progressing witht the new staffing structure and responsibility points? Im not sure I understand the little I have been given so far. Can a positon you have held for a number of years(even though the title has changed), be reassigned to someone else, and if it can would there be consultataion or can Heads effectively just do whetever they want?

If you dont know what Im talking about, let me give an example. Lets say you were employed by a school as assessment cordinator, for which you got a management allowance, and in retsructuring, the schools still needs someone to do that job but with new title, can they juts give that job to someone else without consulting you about it and give you a different role instead but which deosnt have the new TLR allownace? I know the old allwoances are protected for 3 years but in principle, is it sound?

Am I making sense?

Hi mundia,

Wish I could help, but as you know, I'm in a Day Nursery, so don't have much of an idea of the situation you describe. It seems a bit high-handed if they can just whip things out from under a body, unfair to say the least!

Hope someone comes along to help shed some light

Sue :D

Hi,

Have you looked at TLR job specs what a lot is expected of you. I am on Man 1 but the jobs I do are not in TLR specs - such as Deputise when head is not in school. I have already told the head I am not interested in TLR much too much to do dont know how anyone will cope is this just me?

yea Abi I have looked at teh specs for the TLRs adn there isnt anyhting I dont already do.

I see why heads are in conrol of this, I think they alwasy were, but each school has its own needs, but fair Id agree, it certainly deosnt appear to be.

Ive looked through the FAQ but cant find anyhting about part time staff..does anyone know anything about part time and TLRS please?