Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery Nurses And The Single Status Agreement

I am a foundation stage coordinator in a school in sunderland where nursery nurses are currently being regraded. They are going to suffer pay cuts which are only protected for 100% for the first year and their hours which were supposed to be 32.5, but lets face it never were, are going to go to 37 hours and instead of being paid all year they are going to go pro rata.

Someone has said that this is part of a national agreement but I can only find it in our local paper. Despite being a governor and part of the senior management team we can't seem to get a clear idea of what is going on. Can anyone shed any light on this for me please. I feel that my dedicated team, which was highly commended by Ofsted, is about to fall apart.

yes we went though all this last year, its all connected to the redmodelling of the workforce. It was a complete nightmare and upset most of our staff. They brought in the unions (check out the GMB or UNISON website) and lots of things they did before they are no longer allowed to do unless they get additonal alowances for doing it which of course they dont in our school. Its all been very complicated but is starting to settle down this year. Your staff really ned to get their union in to make sure that they are up to speed with the process, IIm not pretending that I undersatdn it even now, but Im sure there will be other memebrs who have been through this who can enlighten you further.