Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Payrise and maternity leave

Hi

I am due to apply for UPS 3 this year. I have my performance management review next week. We have been told that our last 2 years performance management reviews will be looked at to decide if we get pay rise. However i was on maternity leave sept 11 - sept 12 so my head says that i may not be entitled to apply to UPS 3 until next year/ Is this right - i understand his point as i did not have performance management for that year but part of my also feels its discrimination for having a baby. Does anyone know where i stand with this?

I would suppose it depends on what your schools pay policy states - if it says in the policy that if you are on maternity you forfeit a year then I suppose that has to stand - as the new pay policies and progression are based on performance I suppose the fact that you were not there means they have no measure of performance. Just check ACAS and Direct Gov sites as well, and see what that says about rights whilst on maternity leave .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)