Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Templates For A Foundation Stage Unit

Hi

How do you find the planning format?

We have decided to use the weekly planner as a daily planner because we can't get enough detail in. Also we have added extra areas as we seem to have additional workshops. Will be interested to hear your experience using this.

hi marion

we haven't started using it yet as the unit is not up and running. I did suggest to the advisor that we use a daily planner, but she said most places would use the weeky template.

When we start using it I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi Marion

Yes Julia gave us a 'free' half day.

She also says there is a course to attend in April also 'free'. Do you have your unit set up?

• 2 weeks later...

We started as a Foundation Stage Unit in September (although previously we were an Early years Unit so not such a big issue to change)

Julia is visiting us on Wednesday as a follow up to the half day we had last term. We will be raising practical issues with her then so will keep you posted as to the outcome .We also sent all the staff on a course last school year.

Julia visited last week and was very happy with things so far. She has asked if we are willing to share our experiences with other schools and has suggested allowing FS staff to visit and see our set up. (We have already had Sure Start staff visit) Her BIG comment was we are doing TOO MUCH! Both the Nursery teacher and I will be attending the course in April.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)