Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Supply

Rea

I've just signed with a supply agency. Have you got any tips, pit falls, words of wisdom? I've started getting a bag together of odds and ends, soft toy, couple of fav stories. Any ideas will be appriciated. :D

hi rea as a Supply teacher, my needs may be different to yours but I always take with me some pens and pencils for me to use and some paper( to record wht has happened? evaluate etc ) and a whistle! I also have some resources in my car, some big books and a set of trays for sand patterns etc. I have an apron and a pair of plimsols.

I often grab a story book relevant to the age group I have been booked for and a book of rhymes but very often I find I dont need resources of my own.

Ive also bought some stickers but dont think they made it into my bag yet!!

When I did a brief stint as supply I had my favourite story (The Gruffalo) as a big book and a small book and found we could do so much work from that if nothing had been left for whatever reason, from Reception- Y2 (nursery classes that I went in were always sorted!) as it lends itself to some great art work as well as literacy. I also made sure I took my stickers and stamps with me- kids LOVE them and always good for a bit of good fashioned bribery with the more tricky ones!

Like others say, a good stocked pencil case, a pair of trainers and a CD with kids songs was always in my car, and well used too!

I always wrote a note to the teacher afterwards too and I know when I've had supply in for me and they've done that for me I've always found it really useful.

Hope that helps :)