Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Big Write in Reception

Hi all,

So I'm currently planning for the first few weeks of term, and have been told that the school follows the Big Write scheme- including in Reception. I have had a look online and come across something called the Big Talk which seems more appropriate for Reception age but have had no guidance from school and don't really understand how to implement it on a daily basis! I've been told I need to include something called a "pre-write"- again this has really baffled me (not come across this on any teaching practice!). Anyone got any advice or ideas on how to teach the Big Write/Big Talk in Reception? I have seen the book for the Big Talk but due to having no income until end of September simply cannot stretch to paying £30 for the book! :(

Many thanks

I think you need to go on the course and the school should fund this for you. Ros Wilson is on Twitter and offers great advice - try tweeting her! :)

Guest LornaW

Hi

Big Write is not for reception it is all about talk in reception! I have been working for Ros Wilson on Big Talk and the next conference is on Sept 26 in London and I would recommend you get on it so you vacancies follow BW like the rest of the school but what is appropriate for reception.

If you DM me I may be able to send more info.

LornaW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)