Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee Roles and Responsibilites

MegaMum

Hi

I am meeting with our fragmented committee to discuss the never ending topic of how to recruit new committee members. I am pushing for our preschool to be a community interest company, but there is one member who is reluctant to release control.

I was wondering if anyone has a DETAILED list of committee member roles and responsibilities as it seems what I can find is rather scratchy and left to interpretation for the most part - as with most things - as to their level of in put. I am now at the point that if we are to remain committee, then I will relinquish all the things I do back to them - rather than be a committee run preschool in name only and I get to do ALL the work.

I did find a very detailed document once, but I can't find it at the moment.

Many thanks

Roles and responsibilities of the committee.doc

Hi

I am meeting with our fragmented committee to discuss the never ending topic of how to recruit new committee members. I am pushing for our preschool to be a community interest company, but there is one member who is reluctant to release control.

I was wondering if anyone has a DETAILED list of committee member roles and responsibilities as it seems what I can find is rather scratchy and left to interpretation for the most part - as with most things - as to their level of in put. I am now at the point that if we are to remain committee, then I will relinquish all the things I do back to them - rather than be a committee run preschool in name only and I get to do ALL the work.

I did find a very detailed document once, but I can't find it at the moment.

Many thanks

This is quite old and I'm not sure where I actually got it from (perhaps on here?!)

It's a company run by Directors - usually the Leader and Deputy and others as you wish. Should the business fail, liability can be set to £1 should issues arise. A community interest company is set up not for profit, and has to serve the community, as a pre-school does. I don't know a great deal more, only that it seems the sensible way to move forward when parents can become our employers and know nothing about child development, rules, legal obligations etc etc.

We are with the PLA and they raise all sorts of objections as to why we can't become one, but I have spoken to others who have, so there must be a way. We aren't a charity, so it may be easier for us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)