Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mornings

Guest Really

Guest tinkerbell

Hi Really

Quite formal ,8.50 they sit on the carpet in front of me, we do the register and the dinner register and then they line up and go into a whole school assembly 9.00

Tinkerbell

Door open at 8.45, a range of play activities set out on the tables and carpet- children come in change shoes, put snack and book bags away and then choose an activity to do. At 9.00 I put on tidy up music we then do registers and then Monday, Tuesday and Friday we go up to assembly. Wednesday and Thursday we start lessons and have assembly pm.

Lorna

8.50 come in, coats in locker, packed lunches on trolleys, book bags in box, self-register then straight to activites. Don't stop til 10.15 ish for review time - the best, calmest, most productive time I have ever had in Reception.

PS whats all this about assembly? Thought not at all appropriate for Reception to go to assembly even in Church schools?

Hi

Doors open at 8:40 children put bookbags in their group box and then go to activity with parents. This activity is set up in each area of the class on a rolling programmes over the week, there are 4 different activities and on the friday the children can choose, then at 9 we tidy up and do registers formally.

Assembleys are a tricky issue my colleague thinks its nice to get together for abit of communal worship! so we go to assembley every day including a church asembley and a singing one to learn the words for all the songs! Most of the time the children look totally confused and we always spend our mornings rushing to do things with the children who are only part time. Its a shame because the afternoons are so much more relaxed, there are only 6 children and they have a great time! The younger children must think school is a very strange place!

Sharon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)