Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bible Stories

On to planning for next half term- we are a CE school and have to put down which stories from the bible we will cover during each half term. I usually read them for story time and sometines do a follow up activity if its relevant. Eg Noahs ark matching the animals.

My question is which stories do you do and when during the year?

Thanks in advance

Lorna

I have to admit I'm not very good at doing Bible stories with my class - tend to leave them to assemblies (later in the year). But I'm going to try a bit harder this year :)

The Good Samaritan in People Who Help Us

The Lost Sheep in Ourselves

Jonah and the Whale (following from Pinocchio in our toys topic - tenuous link, I know!))

The Christmas Story

The Easter Story

[Hi Lorna

i have been struggling with this too. I also work in a CE school. Your LEA should have a scheme of work from their agreed syllabus but if its anything like ours you will be none the wiser. However, i am doing Harvest as our topic this half term and have been looking at the story of the sower (Matthew 13).

QCA also have a small bit about RE. They have spilt into three sections RA = What are harvest festivals?, RB = Who were the friends of Jesus? and RC Who was noah? It may be worth looking at www.standards.dfee.gov.uk you can print the schemes of work from here.

Good luck and if you find anything else i would be grateful to have a browse too.

Dive bubbles

On to planning for next half term- we are a CE school and have to put down which stories from the bible we will cover during each half term. I usually read them for story time and sometines do a follow up activity if its relevant. Eg Noahs ark matching the animals.

My question is which stories do you do and when during the year?

Thanks in advance

Lorna

39286[/snapback]

There is a good website which has a variety of bible stories and suggestions on what to teach for RE. There is a special section for infants, hope this helps. www.request.org

Jess

It only just dawned on me doh!] that you can cover some bible stories through Jewish festivals - like Rosh Hashanah [sp?] today, where you can use the creation story. How would your C of E schools feel about that?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)