Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Characteristics of Effective Learning and end of year report

Hi everyone,

Just a quick query...

How many people are still writing end of year reports as well as completing the CoEL statements?

I have written all my reports which are very detailed. I am teaching year 1 from Sept so will have the same group of children. I feel that the reports cover what the children are like as learners and I know them very well so do not need the CoEL statements for myself as I already have that knowledge ready for year 1.

I'm feeling like it would be a waste of time to basically repeat what I've already written in my reports but just under the CoEL headings! I also don't think the parents would understand why I have duplicated the reports.

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

Claire :D

My reports were effectively the CoEL comments with some specific learning examples included. I then just wrote a general statement about how the child had settled over the year. I found I would be repeating too. My head told me this week they were fantastic so I'm taking that!

Hi

Our end of year reports had a specific section for comments relating to CoEL as well as statements specific to ELG's, with a short general comments section at the end. Really quite long and comprehensive but a great record of their achievements. Our head liked ours too!

on our reports i reported on the prime area and then on the CoEL (i was complemented on my reports this year was told they were very individual) i have verbally passed on to the Y1 teacher learning and play styles, attitude to learning etc but am i supposed to do anything else?

deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)