Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

school nursery september starting - how long before all children in?

head has finally got round to organising next year and wants all 36 children in within 5 days. 26 new children to start, so 8/9 start each day over first 3 days, with all 26 in wednesday and thursday, then older ones join them on friday. 3 staff. i feel this is too fast, and doesn't allow time to support tearful ones, or anxious adults. what do you all do? do you have them in for while 3 hours straight away too? our reception class do a week of mornings, a week of afternoons, then full-time. so ours are in and doing whole session before them, which seems a bit odd...............x

How many intakes do you have? My children start on their 3rd birthday if parents wish to pay for sessions - if not the term after their 3rd birthday. Last September I had 7 children who returned to nursery (2013 school cohort) plus 12 new children and they all came in on the first day! I usually have a higher ratio of 'old' children to new starters - so it was quite a shock. Over the course of the year children start as they reach, or after, their third birthday - so all very 'staggered'.

x

We have 1/2 the class in for the full 3 hours on alternate days for 3 days each - so on Tuesday of week 2 they are all in. It's quite quick but I it does work fine. All children are new to us in the September - we only have 1 intake. And the class is randomly split into 2 with a mix of boys and girls.

Green Hippo x

that sounds ok for 26, and gives 13 each day max for 6 days. and children not doing full week straight away. want to chat to head so want to know whatvothers do. 3 intakes, but there won't be room for any in january, as 39 max x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)