Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

CRB Checks

Hope someone can clarify this for me. I have 3 settings within a local authority area and have some staff who just cover for staff holidays, illness etc. Do they need a separate crb check for each setting or will 1 be ok if it is the name of the parent company.

I'd have thought it would cover all settings. If you're with a supply agency the CRB covers you for everywhere.

Edited to say, I was going to suggest you phone someone, ofsted, or one of the companies who do them, but they dont tend to give very solid advice always do they?

You could take a look at the new Disclosure and Barring scheme going live within the next week or two, I think its £13 to register and have your CRB cjhecked for any setting you want to work at rather than reapply for anew one every time.

Edited by Rea