Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Safety Week

Hello !

This probably isnt something most of you would do but Im sure your all full of good ideas!

24th-28th June is Child safety week and as a childrens centre we would like to mark it ! we will have displays and fire engine visits and nurses etc but I would like to really involve the parents to encourage them to change some of their ways!

So we will be running some demonstrations such as pouring blackcurrent over a doll in a white baby grow to see how far a spilled hot drink would spread and burn a baby, leaving straightners on and guessing and testing how long it takes to cool down, bitrex stamps to taste,

BUT any other ideas on how I can visually show parents a safety tip thats safe to do infront of the children ??

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum HPfay and congratulations on making your first post and what a thought provoking one it is :D

Have you considered contacting ROSPA - Royal Society for the Protection of Accidents to see if they have literature/posters that you can use on the day - see their website here

Your local GP surgery might have some resources too.

What about road safety activities.....could set up a pelican/zebra crossing and get the children to show the adults how to use the crossing properly :1b

When ever I have done first aid training one of the things they always say is how often everyone stands around but nobody actually phones 999 so could do a activity around that....something like spot what wasn't done???

I think trying to have practical demonstrations or fun role play/quiz type activities would be good as none of us like to feel we are being lectured :(

Great idea, I wish you all great success with it.

Sue

Admin Team

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)