Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas for a 15 minute observation - interview

I am preparing for interviews for a nursery nurse in a maintained nursery. I would like the applicants to carry out a 15 minute activity with a small group of children around a letters and sounds aspect (phase 1). Any thoughts?

Could you not ask them for the idea?

It would mean the applicants would have to know their stuff or have some idea or be prepared to research?

Just a thought!

Yes, thanks for your reply Scarlettangel - I intend to give the applicants a certain amount of scope - but the applicants need to have the 'same' activity - sorry I should have made myself more clear! So, they will be told to prepare and teach a 15 min activity centred around a specified aspect of Letters and Sounds. I'm not sure which aspect to choose and wondered what others might do ... Aspect 7 might be tricky if there children in the group who are not starting school in September, Aspect 2 would be great - if we had a good selection of instruments :huh: ! Aspect 4 'Rhythm and Rhyme'?

Sorry - I'm just rambling, I know! :P

I have just attended an interview with the same task as you are suggesting but we were able to bring our own resources, we did aspect 1 by the way and extra merit was given to those of us who adapted the tasks or devised our own rather than sticking to the letter of the document