Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Picture

Hi, has anyone any inspirational ideas - we are going to have pictures that the children have done framed, and then sold to parents, only I need some good ideas on what to do. The nursery children are doing handprints on bright card, now I need something for the reception age children to do. Collage is a possibility, and I also like working with pastels. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!!

We did a very nice topic on art last year to do with the children looking at famous paintings and doing their own representations of them e.g. Van Gogh's Sunflowers. It was lovely - the kids really had an eye for stuff - especially given the stuff to look over first. Maybe this could be something you do - Reception Rembrants or something!!!!

Hope that gives you some inspiration!

Hi There,

We have had some really lovely results from printing pictures. we used the edge of a ruler for flower stems and then made plasticine poppy heads for the children to print with, finished off with a finger print center of black. The children were shown images of poppy fields and we also looked at Monet and his Poppy Field painting. I have also used the same method to print a field of daffodils and other seasonal flowers. Hope this is useful. Have fun!!! :o

Hiya,

We did this a couple of years ago, it was very successful.

One idea which I've just done with my children is to give the children a circle of paper and ask them to cover it with dried peas, lentils etc. Then get them to print and cut out some yellow petal shapes to stick around the circle to make a sunflower. they look very effective.

Hope they sell well!

Jess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)