Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Self service trolley

Fredbear

Hi wise ones.

We have been offering a varied selection of fruit and vegetables within our snack time, which is proving very time consuming in serving it out.

To aid self skills and independence I would like to purchase a salad bar style trolley where children can come up and self select from the options on offer.

Have found one on Norseman direct but wondered if anyone else uses one similar and where it was purchased.

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts.:)

I loved those but just could not afford them. Instead we used to have a buffet style set up with plates or bowls and then the selection of snack items on large bowls along a table. This was against the wall and the children just moved along it self selecting and pouring a drink for themselves before going to the table. Sometimes we put the drink on another table so they could take snack to their place first rather than juggling but after a while they got the hang of doing one then the other and others respected the idea that a plate or bowl in a place meant the seat was taken. We also used some wipe clean tablecloths on the tables for the buffet to make it more attractive.

From what I remember Norseman can custom build one for you. That would have swayed my towards them to make sure it was ideal for my setting. Very jealous!