Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

can you help with fun phonics ideas please

Hi I have a particularly poor cohort this year phonics reading and writing wise. I thought I was getting there with them but after spending a good portion of last week assessing phase 3 phonics with a view to hopefully moving onto phase 4 this week. It seems i will have to consolidate phase 3 considerably with all but a couple of children who can move to another group in school. It seems obvious that the way we have been going about things is just not working and I need to try something new. I'm an experienced teacher, i keep sessions fun and active but my usual tricks are not working with this group. I need to rethink things so can anyone suggest any fun games I can use? They struggled particularly with identifying graphemes in words for reading and had the same difficulties segmenting.

any suggestions would be welcome

thanks

Deb

Do you need to concentrate on that aspect then, deb? Robot talk etc. Keep the recognition going with flashcards and play lots of using and applying games. Sometimes you need more of the same rather than something different.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)