Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good News

As I remember from my little boy it can take several weeks for the testicles to drop and shouldn't be something to worry about. Jaundice is also very common - all of mine had a touch of it and I was just told to make sure they had plenty of sunshine on them. (Good job I wasn't living in Scotland then! :o )

Funnily enough Peggy I was watching a program last week about 'intersex babies'. Sometimes when babies are born it is unclear whether they are a boy or girl, as they can have both sexual organs. It used to be the case that these babies were operated on to 'assign' a gender to them within a short time of being born (generally into girls as I think this is an easier operation). This has led to all sorts of problems for them in later life though. I got the impression though that this was something that was picked up immediately after birth. If the doctor were being serious then it seems like a slightly flippant way to say it to new parents and it's not something to joke about. There were some heart breaking stories on the program.

Beau, thanks for your comment, I have seen similar programmes.

Rea, Thanks for asking. Visited last week, did the usual nanny thing and monopolised baby ALL day, thanked mum and apologised for taking sole custody of grandson whilst I was there ( let grandad have a few cuddles xD ) Everything is fine, jaundice-no problem, testicles intact :o

We talked about me wanting to foster babies( hubby not so keen) My stepson said " No don't, if he ( son) wasn't my own I would have given him back 2 days ago", (he's adjusting to sleepless night, bless.) The joys of parenthood :(

I have lots of photo's and will post one tomorrow.

Peggy

P.s. My other grandson, aged 4yrs ( just started school) has "posted" all his dummys to Tanner ( because he's a big boy now, and baby Tanner needs them) Bless, his 1st night without dummy was difficult, although upset/ withdrawal symptoms, he didn't have a tantrum, just kept apologising to his mum ( at 1am) because he felt he "needed" one and couldn't sleep. Any tips for withdrawal of dummy would be appreciatted.

I always really regretted taking Richards dummy from him, I think I did it too soon, he was three.

Anyway we did it by accident really, he lost it in a shop and was distraught. We hunted for it and when I found it on a shelf with his 'nighty' ( a bit of lace he carried round) I put it into my pocket and pretended to carry on looking. I told him the birthday fairy must have come early and he knew through previous chats that she was going to take it in exchange for a really special present. He was ok about it and only a couple of times afterwards said 'I wonder if the birthday fairy would give my dummy back'.

Some years later I showed him the 'nighty' and admitted what I'd done in the shop. He was a bit reflective and had a hold of the nighty (bless him) I wish I'd let him keep everything longer. :(:D

Sam was fine when we took his, birthday fairy took it again. :o

If you havent got a birthday coming up, it could be Father Christmas or even the Easter Bunny. there are loads of wicked people to give it to. xD