Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

EYFS profile exemplification

Hi,

Have been trying to find out how little a child must have attended in the Reception year in order to be exempt from being assessed against profile. have looked in ARA handbook which refers you to gov. website, which refers you somewhere else... I can't find it. We have a child who has attended for 10 days so far since Sept. but is still not 5 so we can't chase for attendance.

Any ideas? Thanks

I found this in the ARA booklet in section 3:-

3.1 Completing the EYFS Profile
The EYFS Profile must be completed for each child who will be five years old on or before
Saturday 31 August unless:
• an exemption from the Profile has been granted for the setting by the Secretary of
State;
• the child is continuing in EYFS provision beyond the year in which they turn five;
• the child has arrived from abroad less than two weeks before the Profile
submission deadline and so an accurate and valid assessment cannot be
completed; or
• the child has spent the majority of the academic year away from the setting, for
example, due to illness or medical treatment.
Doesn't really match with your situation though?

Hi,

Thanks for looking. I was wondering how we define 'majority of academic year'?

When I try to reply to a post I keep getting falshing green bar at top of page and it just gets stuck in 'saving post' mode. Let's see if this works....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)