Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Miscue Analysis

I have this from a former life ( year 2 teacher).SATS ARGHHHHHHHH!

Hope it may be of some help

38514[/snapback]

Thanks Marion, thats really helpful, Brenda :D:D:D:D:D

If you can get hold of any past sat reading tests there are miscue analysis record sheets for specific picture books in those. The idea is that the children read an excert from the book (for example schnizel von crumb was one I remember from when i taught year 2) The teacher begins reading the book so that the child has the chance to pick up any unfamiliar vocab and then takes over the reading of the book while you continue marking the miscues and strategies the child uses to read. (I think it is about 100 words) It is important that the child reads from a proper book I think.

There is also a couple in the oxford reading tree manual too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Brenda...

I am a SCITT trainee in Bedford and have an English assignment commenting on the usefulness of diagnostic techniques. The download that was posted might well be of use to me too! Thanks! How did your analysis go?

:o Hope your course is going well

• 2 years later...

Hi

I haven't done miscue analysis in reception class as I thought it was more for key stage 1 pupils. however, my literacy co-ordinator says i should be doing it. Is this right in early years? please help, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)