Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharing a Story - Interview

Hi I have an interview on Friday with 10 reception children for between 10 and 20 mins (depenging on how children are enthused) can anyone tell me of any good stories/ideas, I will have to get props and I have to put in the plans things I would have set up to go with the story in the enhanced planning - what do you think? Any help gratefully received...

I'd pick a story I really like and can read without having to see all the words for. I'm not sure what your experience is but whenever I've read a story with a group larger than about 8 I find its easy to get distracted by the "I can't see the pictures!" cries. Knowing the story almost word for word helps you to be able to hold the book in such a way that they can all see but you can't. Also if you go for one you really know and like you should be able to think of lots of activities to support it. I'd try to find a wide variety of ways in which the story supports the different areas of learning and plan activities from these.

Wish mine was a story one - I have maths for a group of six, but I find gauging what has been covered and what hasn't is very difficult.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)