Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pe Bear Ideas

Hi all was just hoping to steal some of your fabulous ideas! I teach reception and have 3 bears that go home with the children, one with reading material and phonics games, one with writing materials and one with various PE equipment (balls, bat, dancing ribbon, markers, skipping rope, bean bags, soft frisbee). All bears have diaries and cameras and the children take a photograph and draw a picture of what they did with the bear and tell the class what they did on Monday. Last year I just had one bear that went home and the children loved it so we now have 3. The PE idea came from a PE course I went on where they allowed a bag of equipment to go home with different children each week. I thought this was a great idea however I don't want to send the bag of equipment home without any ideas or suggestions for how they should be used. I wondered if any one has done this before and has any ideas banks for easy to use games? I'd be most grateful for any ideas. :)

What a lovely idea :D

Maybe just a set of a few"action" idea cards, laminated and placed in the bag, a bit like they do for storysacks.

Practical preschool have good ideas for physical activities, which are presented in a user friendly way with use of clear, line drawn pictures. Why not try their website?

Peggy

What a great idea! Top play have sets of cards with simple games that also allow a lot of scope for children's own ideas.

www.youthsporttrust.org/yst_top_playsport.html

This sounds a lovely idea. I have done it in the past with a teddy I sent home and a diary for children to write in, and some parents have taken photos of the teddy in some of the strangest places :o , but I love the idea of sending a camera home - do you use a disposable camera, and do you limit the number of photos they can take - I'd just be worried about how much it might cost - especially if you have three on the go.

Hope it all goes well - I'm sure the children will love this - and it's an alternative to the 'work type' bears, so should inspire the more active.

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)