Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Portfolio

Hi,

Been thinking about doing a reception portfolio to show evidence of childrens achievements. Has anyone done one of these or has anyone got any ideas they would share?

Kissy

Hi,

I am planning a portfolio to keep evidence ( other than that in the profiles) of whole class or individual achievement. Was advised to do so after moderation.

charlotte :)

Hi there

we were also moderated last year and encouraged to set up portfolios. We now make a large termly folder for each child and put in photographs, examples of independent writing, art work etc. I also annotate each piece with the date and a short comment. I keep post-it notes seperate and use both to build up the child's profile. I did consider a more formal portfolio with examples stuck into a book but decided it would be too much of a struggle to keep up - I currently do most of the profile work myself. The aim is to make the portfolio available in the classroom, so that children can show them to parents. We are hoping that this will encourage some parents to become more involved in their child's progress.

hope this helps

Debbie

I was told at my moderation last year that it wasnt necessary to have evidence for each child which I was doing to that point, but to keep 2 or 3 pieces of evidence for each statement to demonstrate that MY judgement was correct. Moderator said I was doing too much work :o

We do keep Learning books for each child to share with parents at the end of Foundation Stage this contains photographs and pieces of work the child is especially proud of.

Hi becky ann

I definitely amde some for Creative development they are on here somewhere ... i'll try and figure out how to attach but it's be a killer day so it may take me a while!

Sarah :D

Edited by Sarah H

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)