Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Me,I,you

Hi

We have a concerned parent as her three yr old keeps getting muddled when talking about himself and others. Ie can you go for a walk not can I co for a walk. Basically referring to himself in the wrong context. Any ideas with games or support.

Thanks

Hi,

I agree with max321, model the correct use of the pro-nouns e.g. If he says 'me' got a new pair of shoes, you could reply "I have got new shoes too!" instead of "yes, you have got a new pair of shoes." Misusing 'me' and 'I' is the ONLY time that it is ok for you to ask a child to say the correct phrase. So, as in the above example, it would also be ok to say "can you say, I have got a new pair of shoes."

You could also do little activities which would involve the use of I and you e.g. using counters and coloured bowls... "I'm going to put my counter in the blue bowl", and taking it in turns to say where you are going to put the counters. Then you could move onto telling each other where to put the counters..."Can you put your counter in the blue bowl" (sorry not the best example of an activity but you get the idea)

Hope that helps

Green Hippo x

Thank you both, i remember the word i wanted to use, it was pronouns (I think thats it?!?) I think i have been thinking too hard about it! Its the practical help in terms of activities that I have been struggling with x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)