Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photo's of children

Can you use photographs of children in your portfolio when taking it to an interview at another school? The school has asked for examples of practice and as I work in reception great examples are photographs but i'm not sure if I can use them or not has anyone used them in a powerpoint or portfolio at interview?

If you are working in a school already does the school not have a policy agreement with parents when they first start in Reception that covers this? If not could you get permission from the parents of the children you wish to use in these photos? Otherwise the most obvious thing to do would be to blank out the faces which would get over this problem.

I think it would be walking a fine line of privacy if you use them without some sort of doctoring or permission.

That's true I will find out. I have blurred the faces in the powerpoint but would like to keep the photo's in my portfolio so will ask the school and then the parents if we don't already have permission from them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)