Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview lesson help needed!

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me as I've hit a brick wall...I need to teach a UW 20minute session to 6 children and I want to focus on the learning of 'knowing about similarities and differences' by looking closely at things. I thought about being detectives where we have to investigate objects but I just can't think of objects to get that are easy to transport and that the children will be able to talk about how they are similar or different. If you have any ideas I would really appreciate it maybe you have done something around this LO before?? Thanks in advance :)

Could you plant seeds, look at how to grow a seed, what will happen to the seed? Show a plant that has grown to show what it will grow into ? Are they all working on 30-50 or 40-60? and what is the topic if there is one? would be good to fit into 'spring'?

The children could compare fresh daffodils and daffodils that have come to the end of their life and have dried out - the petals are very 'crunchy and crispy', as one child put it!

What about the chocolate button activity - telling a poem whilst the children hold a chocolate button in their hand - what do they think will happen? Will it stay the same ... is it still a chocolate button? Compare. There is a poem by Michael Rosen about melting chocolate which is on this site somewhere.

I guess these activities are more about change, but you could still make comparisons.

Sorry not much help, but will have a think!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)