Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Headphones, can anyone help?

Hi, I want to find a way of working one to one with a child at the computer station in a busy and usually noisy nursery! Does anyone know of headphones that both the adult and child could wear which would allow us to hear the instructions on the computer and even talk back via a microphone? It may be some sort of adapter to join the headphones.

Thanks!

You need a little gadget called a splitter - you can purchase these in places like Maplins, some supermarkets have them or if you have an electrical shop/PC shop you can buy them there (or of course online). It has a small jack that would fit into your PC headphone port and then 'splits' into two jacks where you can plug your two sets of headphones in :-) You just to make sure that the jack is the right size for your PC - they are pretty standard size but just check not sure about the microphone element to your question though

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-3-5mm-Headphone-Splitter-White/dp/B0000UV2AW

• 1 month later...

http://www.belkin.com/images/product/F8Z274/372.jpg

This is a great solution to letting multiple children listen at once for a good price. We got one for our nursery, but it came from China at an even lower price than the Belkin model above, but i cant find it now on Ebay!

One of these 5 way splitters and 5 sets of headphones costs around £30 :) and you can use anything with a headphone jack output ie PC to let the children share stories, music etc

these are a great idea. i have not seen them before. have just ordered a 2 way one from amazon for our pc. we also have a CD player which has 6 headphone sockets in it, which is very useful.

Edited by Caroline2012

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)