Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elmer Yet Again

I am doing Elmer at moment as part of work on colours, I am looking for any literacy activities involving Elmer......

I know there have been previous topics about Elmer and I have been through some of them, so far we are writing invitations, making a 'where's elmer' book, writing a list of things we need for our parade....

any more literacy ideas (and in particular ideas for writing and shared reading based around Elmer) would be really appreciated....

Have a good week everyone......

Cheers

Have just read your post. I used Elmer during my Ofsted inspection and have loads of plans. I shall up load them tomorrow as my home computer no long has an a drive and they are all on floppy disk.

One idea i can remember of the top of my head is retelling the story. I colour photocopied each character from the story, laminated them and put them on lolli sticks. We then used them to retell the story, the children became the character and both acted and said the characters words from the text (simple version). Inspector was observing at the time and loved the way Elmer was tell off the other children when they didn't get it right. The children then used the puppets in their independent play and created new versions of Elmer and new stories.

hope this is helpful.

I did a little bit of work on Elmer last year and found a great ICT Elmer. You open it in paint and then the kids can colour in using the fill tool. My class loved it and we turned them into the calenders for that year and parents loved them! I can't find it at the moment, but I'll search it out for you. It was such a nice thing!

oooh I think I might have that. we used it in Granada colours but should work if you open it in paint or another program.

Downloaded it from somewhere on web kent early ict website

http://www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/earlyict/fun...urces/elmer.bmp

Put the web address in case my attachment doesnt work

They have some lovely ideas on there.

elmer.bmp

Have just read your post. I used Elmer during my Ofsted inspection and have loads of plans. I shall up load them tomorrow as my home computer no long has an a drive and they are all on floppy disk.

One idea i can remember of the top of my head is retelling the story. I colour photocopied each character from the story, laminated them and put them on lolli sticks. We then used them to retell the story, the children became the character and both acted and said the characters words from the text (simple version). Inspector was observing at the time and loved the way Elmer was tell off the other children when they didn't get it right.  The children then used the puppets in their independent play and created new versions of Elmer and new stories.

hope this is helpful.

38137[/snapback]

that would be fantastic verityn - looking forward to seeing them.

Cheers

oooh I think I might have that.  we used it in Granada colours but should work if you open it in paint or another program. 

Downloaded it from somewhere on web  kent early ict website 

http://www.kented.org.uk/ngfl/earlyict/fun...urces/elmer.bmp

Put the web address in case my attachment doesnt work

They have some lovely ideas on there.

38192[/snapback]

That's the one! We did it in paint because we couldn't get it to work on Granada colours at school, but then our computers at my old place weren't great!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)