Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Manager / deputy

Hi, Can someone out there clarify something for me. I am the mananger of a day nursery, I have a deputy, a good one, but the owners wants to hire a "secretary"( basically an assistant for the office) not childcare qualified, but they want them to be the named person in charge when im not there. As I see it the named person should be childcare qualified, but they say not. Advise please.Ive send them the bit from the standards in the EYFS framework which says the manager has to level 3 or above but it doesnt say named person in charge.who as they say isnt the manager.

Hi

When you are there, you are the named PIC

If you are not there,the named PIC is your deputy (I am assuming deputy has Level 3)

Why do they want admin help to be more than that?Would need to have childcare qualifications to be named person in charge.

Hi, I know im the PIC when im there, and my deputy is PIC when im not there, but the owners dont want my deputy to be PIC when im not there and they want my assisant in the office to be PIC in my absence, but I said they cant be as they havent got any childcare qualifications.