Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Time Consuming!

Having just spent about 2 hours doing a flip chart to work on active primary - I wondered whether anyone else was getting as frustrated as I am to produce these lovely things for the interactive whiteboard. Do you think there might be an avenue for sharing them between settings? Seems daft if so many of us are spending x amount of time each week on these?

Wish I could help but I don't have an interactive whiteboard - YET! What about the Internet - is there any thing out there on the web? Good luck, your idea about sharing sounds really good.

We have recently had white boards fitted, but not yet using for anything other than modelling writing etc ie using the pen and writing on the thing. I would be very happy to share any flip charts I manage to make. I must have a go this next week, but it seems sooo daunting! We had the training ages ago and I have forgetton most of it! How do we go about sharing these flip charts?

I have whiteboard on my wall- they were installed in every classroom during the summer- the problem we have is that the company have managed to knock out all our computer systems including admin.

I would love to be able to use it and have enough of the children asking what it is and when can we try it.

L

We had our whiteboards fitted over the summer but without a power supply to the overhead projecter!! but we had this fitted on friday so i am desperate to go and have a play - we too have active primary but i havent really played with it - but once i do i will be more than willing to share

Sarah :D

Hi

I have just had an interactive whiteboard installed, and I will be making flipcharts. I'm just not sure how to go about it yet, there are some useful resources on the internet. We have Active Primary software.

Here are some websites that you might find interesting:

www.prometheanworld.com/uk/scripts/links_sql/page.cgi?g=UK_Resources%2FFoundation___Key_Stage_1%2Findex.html&d=1

http://tlfe.org.uk/promethean/flipcharts.htm

Hope you will find them useful.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Hi

I have just had an interactive whiteboard installed, and I will be making flipcharts.  I'm just not sure how to go about it yet, there are some useful resources on the internet.  We have Active Primary software.

Here are some websites that you might find interesting:

http://www.prometheanworld.com/uk/scripts/...Findex.html&d=1

http://tlfe.org.uk/promethean/flipcharts.htm

Hope you will find them useful.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

38144[/snapback]

wow wow wow! This is a fantastic idea! I would love to use your flipcharts and share mine too! I have activ primary and am learning to use it at the mo, but would be very interested in ideas!!! Bring it on!!!

Thanks Beckyann.

I have come across the ugly duckling one before and have used it with my class who loved it.

I am trying to begin to build up a library of flipcharts to use in literacy especially but as I am quite new to it they take me ages!!!! hopefully I will get quicker. For maths I tend to just run software thats on already on pc but on whiteboard it is interactive so is more appealling to a group.

Mx

wow wow wow! This is a fantastic idea! I would love to use your flipcharts and share mine too! I have activ primary and am learning to use it at the mo, but would be very interested in ideas!!! Bring it on!!!

38149[/snapback]

Cheers Green

I will start to get them uploaded! not that I have got that many yet or that I am saying they are that good. Hopefully will get better

• 5 months later...

Try going here....

www.prometheanworld.com/uk/forum

You will need to register but it is free. There are a number of free downloads that have been created by teachers and enthusiasts. Also some discussion from teachers and practitioners.

Also in the resources area of the website you will find a number of flipcharts for download.

www.prometheanworld.com/uk/resources

There is a viewer available from here

http://www.prometheanworld.com/uk/html/cus.../software.shtml

This will give limited functionality, but Activprimary is soon to be available for purchase so at least in the meantime you can view the flipcharts and annotate over them.

http://www.prometheanworld.com/uk/html/pre...ticle_448.shtml

There is a flipchart for download to support Phonics teaching which was created in conjunction with an article published in this months Child Ed.

www.prometheanworld.com/uk/scholastic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)