Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On entry

Hi,

I know this is late as seen as it is February but what did most people submit for their reception on entry scores? I am hearing from some people that 30-50 months is the 'average' child but from others that it is 40-60....anyone cast some light?!

Thanks in advance!

Well in order to be at the ELG by the end of the year then at least secure 30 - 50 would be an expected level of development, but given that all the children will be in the 40 - 60 band chronologically, ie a minimum 31st August birthday would be 48 months old if they started in September, so more comfortably in that band, then I'd say they were securely on track if here to get to the end of 40 - 60+/ELG by the end of the year. This is commensurate with the Ofsted guidance.

Cx

A lot of mine came in at what appears to be 40-60 emerging but I'm not totally confident in this as they will look like they've not made very good progress by the end of the year.

I feel really confused at the moment about the ages and stages bands and think I may have over assessed at the beginning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)