Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Oh My!

Typical, I decide to re-jig all my planning and then I find out Ofsted are coming next week. I am in the process of totally reworking the way I plan, to use stories and I was wondering how to do this on a medium and long term plan. I thought I would thrash around a few ideas, look at this book that I have ordered etc. and now Ofsted are coming! Argh!!!! Does anyone have any Long/med term plans that could be modified to a story based plan? My old med terms were a spider chart detailing all the ss in each area that I was going to cover, with the topic title in the centre.

Hi Tracy

You could try telling them you felt you could improve their experience by doing it this way, it would show you as a reflective practitioner - also that you don't plod on regardless in case Ofsted come in. If you can show you have reasons and ideas then it shouldn't be so bad? You are, after all looking to move your children on in different ways!

Or am I the eternal optimist?

Sue :o

Sue  :o

38000[/snapback]

I'm with you Sue.

I'm not sure what type of setting you're in, Tracy, but you felt strongly enough to change how you plan for the benefit of your children. I would hope that the Inspector would ask you to outline what you used to do, find out why you wanted to change, and listen to your aspirations for your new systems.

It would be very unreasonable to expect that we make do with systems and procedures that don't really fit just on the offchance that Ofsted walk through the door. Surely better to have committed, reflective practitioners who are prepared to review and change the way they work if they honestly believe it will improve the experience of and outcomes for the children in our care.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope the inspection goes well. I hope someone is able to help you out with what you need, and do let us know how it goes!

Maz

You could try telling them you felt you could improve their experience by doing it this way, it would show you as a reflective practitioner - also that you don't plod on regardless in case Ofsted come in. If you can show you have reasons and ideas then it shouldn't be so bad? You are, after all looking to move your children on in different ways!

Sue :o

I agree Sue

We are completely changing the way we work and expecting OFSTED! EEEK!

Apparently a big part of the new inspection is looking at awareness of (weaknesses) and self improvement!

Good Luck

Long_Term_Planning_Grid.doc

Topic.doc

Edited by MARl0N

Hi, I'm glad that people are agreeing with me, we are evolving and changing our provision all the time, Ofsted are just going to have to get on with it if they walk through the door on Monday!

However, we are writing it all up as development plans, to show where we intend to get and how. Just to be on the safe side!! But, it's also good practice?

Sue :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)