Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted preperation

skippy

With the new framework I want to start preparing for 'the' visit! I thought a bit of reflection and evaluation with all staff would be a great opportunity to look at what we do and compare with the inspection framework.

Has anyone done anything like this?

I have downloaded the forms in the resource section for good and outstanding. Could anyone share any tips of ideas for this.

Many Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Skippy,

I would suggest that you take each section in turn and discuss with your team how you can provide evidence for your high quality practice, eg if you are discussing the statement "A well-established key person system helps children form secure attachments and promotes their well-being and independence" (the first statement in the "good" judgement for 'the contribution of the early years provision to children's well-being')- then I'd ask your staff "How do we do this?" "What's good about it?" "What isn't working so well?" "What could we do to improve the system?" "What do parents think of our key person system?" "How do we know what parents think of it?"

Once you've had the discussion, you can start to create an action plan/development plan to move your setting forward and strive for those outstanding comments. :D

• Like 3