Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mc1/c1 & Mc1/c4

Just thought I'd say hi as I haven't been in touch for a while. Been busy sorting out witness statements and ref accounts for MC units. Having spoken with my assessor about my assessment next week I don't feel as stressed as I was before. Also I can see light at the end of the tunnel now. Should only need one more assessment and do written work for C15 and C7 and I will be finished. Hopefully, my aim to finish by xmas might just happen. Fingers crossed. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I did this attachment to help out a mate, let me know if you find it useful MCI/C1 Manage Yourself

Documents Needed

Appraisal both from work & your own personal development plan

supplement it with a self reflective about how it shows your assessment of your skills (e.g. this shows my assessment as I have been honest about lack of communication and I am aware that I need to improve. I also need to improve my behaviour management skills and have requested to attend such a course.)

Work plan

Witness statements

Complete a table such as the one below, this will give you C1.1.1, C.1.14

Name:

Date Current training needs/wishes Time scale

C1.1.1 & C1.1.2 C1.1.3

Personal Development Plan for ____________________

Job Title

Date

Comments/alterations to plans

1. Use your job description to describe your overall performance in the last 12 months. Include working with other team members, how you cope with the policies & procedures.

2. What training courses have you attended in the last year.

3. What areas would you like to develop in the next 12 months?

C1.1.3

4. What support and training will you need to do this?

C1.1.3

5. Overall targets/objectives & date/proposed time scale

C1.1.4

6. Other comments

Courses you are booked on/recently completed, this can be a work product (create a table or whatever) or a self-reflective C1.1.5

This shows that you can carry out targets set for you.

Show that you update this plan regularly C1.1.7

e.g. an opportunity came up to do a SENCO course on 12/3/2005.

Work Timetable for C1.2

This will give you most of C1.2 by giving you a work timetable/plan.

How do you organize yourself when planning?

C1.2.1,2

What do you want to achieve? e.g. I want to plan for two weeks of physical activities for my key group.

Are there any priorities? Do you want any skills to be practised/learnt? Do you want any members of staff to do specific things with the children?

C1.2.3

Are your plans consistent with what you have on the personal development plan & what you are capable of. e.g. I’ve included dancing as I’m good at it.

C1.2.4

How are you planning your time, both for preparing the plans and for allowing for activities to finish? e.g. I’ve included 5 minutes overrun time as I have child B in this group who has ADHD and may need encouragement before attempting activities.

C1.2.6

How are you going to allow for distractions? will you work in the evening when the kids are in bed for example?

C1.2.7

Put a target for updating your plans & evaluating them. Use a planning & evaluation sheet for this to evaluate the physical activity plans.

C1.2.5

Do you have everything you need to make decisions? e.g. I have just found out that the local School have invited the older children to a special assembly. I’ve decided then to alter the plans to take account of this, I can spend more time concentrating on the basics with the younger children.

You will also need witness statements showing that you are getting feedback for RELEVANT PEOPLE!

Ask people such as the SENCO for your setting & area, your manager, team members etc just to write about how you deal with feedback, do you use it for positive future use, do you act on it?

Personal Development Plan for ____________________

Job Title

Date

1. Use your job description to describe your overall performance in the last 12 months. Include working with other team members, how you cope with the policies & procedures.

2. What training courses have you attended in the last year.

3. What areas would you like to develop in the next 12 months?

4. What support and training will you need to do this?

5. Overall targets/objectives & date/proposed time scale

6. Other comments

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)