Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hooray for our new CCTV

Guest sn0wdr0p

Guest sn0wdr0p

We have a very disruptive 9 year old boy who is constantly disrespectful to staff, fights with the other children, and is generally a real troublemaker. I have had the parents in a number of times to discuss his behaviour and they argue with me and can see no wrong in him. They are the same when called into school about him. I tend not to work before school sessions so have not seen the deterioration in his behaviour but staff yesterday said how dreadful the session had been with him. Fortunately my husband installed CCTV 2 weeks ago after I followed a thread about CCTV on the forum some months ago and realised what a good idea it would be to prevent staff from allegations as well as protection of the children.

Anyway I digress and ramble - I was far from happy when viewing footage of him jumping on tables whilst children ate breakfast, jumping over the counter into the kitchen and refusing to come out fighting with a staff member who tried to guide him out then pushing her so hard she would have fallen if not caught by another staff member, then as she walked away jumping on her back. Oh the list goes on it was dreadful so I called his parents and him in to view the footage today. I started by explaining some of what he had done and the parents got really cross with me and he denied it - so I pressed PLAY - well hooray their eyes were really opened but still every time I described an incident they wanted proof as they did not believe me and we went throught the whole one and a half hours.

Anyway at the end said they were shocked and angry with him and that he would not behave this way anymore - blinkin right because I then said I will not have him here any more. Gosh were they cross because now they really have to deal with it and try and get him back to the only other setting in the area who excluded him previously.

I am so pleased I had the CCTV to back me up or they would not have believed a word I said. The way I see it other children were not getting the attention as staff were caught up dealing with his behaviour and I have a legal duty to protect my staff from harm either physical or emotional and after viewing it with staff members not involved they were all fully supportive of my decision. Best £350 I have spent for some time. Staff have said they are looking forward to coming in tomorrow now!

P.S. Sorry so long a post but still all churned up about it.

Guest sn0wdr0p

Well the day has got no better. I managed to set my hair on fire leaning over a pan. I only realised when I became aware of an awful burning smell.

Doesn't look too bad but still smells of burning 3 hours later. My deputy is hysterical with laughter. Shame we didn't get that on CCTV could have sent it to You've been framed.

We to have used cctv to show parents childrens behaviour! Our you've been framed moment was me tripping on the frame of front door of nursery and rolling about three times around the car park! Owner just stood and looked at me trying not to laugh! That was until I started laughing!

Edited by Sox

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)