Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Using The Loo Very Frequently!

Hi

having just started with my new Reception class i have a little girl who is often rushing to the loo. I discretly followed her a few times just to listen and make sure she was'nt messing about in the bathroom but she wasn't she is actually weeing!

I spoke to mum on Friday and she says that she also does this at home and it's been going on for 2 months. she also said that she had taken her to drs and had swabs taken and he can't find anything physically wrong. mum thinks it might be physcolgical?

i have come across another child who went to the toilet frequently but this was caused by a bladder infection, I'm not sure what to suggest on this one?

Any ideas would be great

Mottie (Ruth)

Hi

having just started with my new Reception class i have a little girl who is often rushing to the loo. I discretly followed her a few times just to listen and make sure she was'nt messing about in the bathroom but she wasn't she is actually weeing!

I spoke to mum on Friday and she says that she also does this at home and it's been going on for 2 months. she also said that she had taken her to drs and had swabs taken and he can't find anything physically wrong. mum thinks it might be physcolgical?

i have come across another child who went to the toilet frequently but this was caused by a bladder infection, I'm not sure what to suggest on this one?

Any ideas would be great

Mottie (Ruth)

37654[/snapback]

I had a child with similar problem last year turned out she had a water infection which had gone undetected for a long time. Ask mum to take water sample to doctors and ask for a test. A quiet word with the school nurse perhaps?

This can also be a sign of abuse so worth keeping an eye on.

If mum has had her checked medically then at the moment I wouldnt worry too much. It could be " nervous" bladder and if she is allowed to go to the toilet as and whem she needs to this will almost certainly settle down. Encourage her to use the toilet at regular intervals too ie playtime and if you know that it may be difficult for her to get to a toilet easily for some reason.

It may be useful to make a log of when she goes to to see if you can work out what is causing the problem and also for mum's info should she need it. A urine infection is usually characterised by a fishy smell but in any case any leakage smell will be unpleasant.

Good luck.

Hi there - can also be a sign of diabetes...

Are they allowed to drink? I would encourage lots of water being drunk too. My daughter's bladder doesn't hold as much as it should and maybe this is the little girl's problem. the only 'cure' is to drink more to stretch the bladder. Our school nurse likened it to a balloon - it deflates but stays a bit stretched each time.

School nurses are fantastic :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)