Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! Interview

I've been asked to go to an Interview next Tuesday. I have only just got a letter through from the school today asking to teach a short ten minute Phase 2 letters and sounds activity. I have all my planning and the school does not say where the children are at the moment. I wanted to plan for something out of the ordinary but struggling to come up with some ideas. I was going to start the activity with a recap of all the phase 2 sounds and tricky words. Not sure what I can do after that...any one have any ideas?

10 mins is not long. It's a pain they have not told you where they are! I would suggest picking a set of sounds, use these as a recap&mayb the HFWs taught in that set! If u recap all you won't have long for the actual activity! I remember doing something where I had pictures of pirates and wrote a simple caption to describe, this kids had to find the caption to match the pic!

Have they told you how many children you will have? Normally the main thing they look for is the correct pronunciation!

X

Wow! so late in the term! Well congrats on the interview but I would suggest you ring up the school and ask whwere the children are and how many children you have. As claireW28 says 10mins is not very long so how about a song say from Singing Phonics or make up a ryhme using the phase 2 word list to the tune of Jingle Bells so segmenting and blending but the children will be so full of Christmas it would be good to hook into it!

Good Luck!

I have 6 children, Im guessing they know all of the phase 2 by now roughly, along with the tricky words. I thought about recapping all of the sounds, tricky words, play a game and then lastly have a pretend letter written from Santa Claus- which will ask children to read and unscramble a sentence. If we have time children could write and copy the sentence. What do you think?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)