Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Showing progress

I wondered how everyone was showing 'progress' using the revised EYFS and your thoughts on what good and outstanding progress looked like for the child with special needs. I ask this because these are the questions being raised in my school due to the expectations of ofsted. It is not enough it seems to show progress through their learning journeys and my inside out knowledge of the child. They want data, data, data!!! I wondered how other special schools are tackling this because I am sure I can't be alone.

Hi We use Learning Journeys (showing development matter statements), IFS (Individual Focus Strategies - more like IEPs); staff knowledge,EYFS B Squared, PLPs(Personalised Learning Plans), observations etc etc.

They all show progress in one way or another, however small the steps are, and hope they will be ok when Ofsted land!!!!

Hope you are well and getting to grips with new revised EYFS. Profile is once again no use for our special little learners is it????

xxxx

Hi We use Learning Journeys (showing development matter statements), IFS (Individual Focus Strategies - more like IEPs); staff knowledge,EYFS B Squared, PLPs(Personalised Learning Plans), observations etc etc.

They all show progress in one way or another, however small the steps are, and hope they will be ok when Ofsted land!!!!

Hope you are well and getting to grips with new revised EYFS. Profile is once again no use for our special little learners is it????

xxxx

Hmmmmm I do all of that but its still not enough.....apparently!!!! <_<

I am not in a special school but frequently have children at my pre-school setting who have complex additional needs. I find the early support materials invaluable as they break progress made down into very small steps within even smaller steps than development matters statements - I have put the link to the developmental journey below - it is worth looking at - depending as to where the child is. I should flag up that it is for the old EYFS however as most of the 69 early learning goals are still really there - just amalgamated down to 17 it is still workable although you may wish to tweak it so that it fits the new ELG statements.

https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/standard/publicationDetail/Page1/ES54#downloadableparts

I am not in a special school but frequently have children at my pre-school setting who have complex additional needs. I find the early support materials invaluable as they break progress made down into very small steps within even smaller steps than development matters statements - I have put the link to the developmental journey below - it is worth looking at - depending as to where the child is. I should flag up that it is for the old EYFS however as most of the 69 early learning goals are still really there - just amalgamated down to 17 it is still workable although you may wish to tweak it so that it fits the new ELG statements.

https://www.educatio...wnloadableparts

Thank you Sue J - We have a tracking programme which breaks down the EYFS into much smaller steps.

What else do they need???

x

Exactly I don't know ........I am double checking I am not missing something <_< .....you suddenly start doubting yourself

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)