Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Visual Timetables

Hello

Just wondering if anyone knows of any good resources / software for visual timetables, I have 3 autistic children starting in my reception class, and am trying to find any sources at all of picture cues..

I'm hoping that the SENCO might be able to purchase some software, but have a feeling that it won't happen...

Thank you

Your Speech therapist should supply all the pictures you need or your behaviour support team or other special needs advisory teacher but until you get some help you could try using clip art or pictures from google or real photos of equipment.

Hi

I mainly use digital photographs for visual schedules especially if they are just starting at school as they are alot more personal to the child and I find I have more response to these than symbols from both the child they are designed for and also the rest of the class.

I sometimes use Boardmaker but it is pretty pricey although it does have lots of uses.

The following web site has black and white symbols which you can download for free.

http://www.dotolearn.com

Hope this helps

Jo

Our Area SENCO talked about using Makaton symbols which we could get from the SALT who did the Makaton training for our area. We haven't followed it up yet for reasons I won't go into here.You could try this link:

http://www.makaton.org/

As a High/Scope setting, we have a set of stick-man type symbols to illustrate each part of the timetable e.g. snack, tidy up, etc. They're on alminated A5 cards so they can be moved around should we need to alter the timetable at all. We find children 'read' them quite quickly.

Hi I have used a widgit called writing with symbols a comupter programme it is brilliant you can input external graphics and use the symbols the programme generates.

I use this all the time for labelling I will get you the ISBN number and forward it.

Jacqui :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)