Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Age related expectations

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but should the age related expectation for nursery exit be the same as for reception entry? And what do you believe it/them to be?

I have been provided by something from my county that is confusing me!

same i would say. secure in 30-50, and may have achieved some of 40-60. but will have dropped over summer, but should have been back to where they were by half term x

Thanks! That is what I thought, but right now I am looking at something that shows 30-50 secure as age related at nursery exit but 30-50 secure is below age related at september entry!! That just can't be right surely!

our reception teacher uses our end of nursery assessment as her on entry level and doesn't waste time re-assessing, so i am confused now! perhaps someone else can help! x

Our LA says 'working 40-60 months', which means just beginning the 40- 60 month phase as the end of nursery and the beginning of Reception. I think you have to have the same expectation at both of those points or it is going to be very confusing. (Mind you, life can be...)

Thats pretty much what I have done. Taken exit scores from nursery as entry to reception. So now my data shows a large % of children exit nursery at ARE but only a small % enter reception at ARE! It doesnt make sense and my data looks strange!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)