Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SenCo needs help, please.

can anyone provide me with and pro-forma to start off my SENCO folder please.If anyone has a friendly letter for parents to meet with me regarding the concerns I may have with their child, early action pro-forma .Any help or advice would be great as I am new to the role in a private day nursery and want to get it right.

I'm sorry, I don't have any pro-formas for you, kimco.

You may be better starting a new thread asking for them in the title.

In the meantime I wonder if it would be appropriate to write to parents telling them you have concerns about their child. It could leave them worrying and unable to contact you for more information for some time.

I think you need to consider how you or their keyworker could approach them and have a brief conversation which is then followed up by a meeting.

• Like 1

we are a school nursery class and definately would recommend key person speak to them. we mention very quickly that we are monitoring speech/behaviour/understanding/physical issues etc, then when sure there is a problem, ask them to take child to health visator or refer ourselves for speech therapy/ids etc. this way parents don't become so anxious. some parents need information 'dripping in' very gradually over a month or so if finding it hard to hear what we are saying. and we chase up parents every week until they have been to see health visator and if not done after a month we tell them we'll refer ourselves as it's really important to get advice and ensure children are supported so that their progress is not affected, especially in 3 prime areas. have attached blank iep we use if that's any use. good luck x

IEP.docx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)