Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Doesn't Pay To Go Away Round Here....

catma

xD Have just logged in after my 4 week absence and blimey, FIVE pages of posts to wade through.............................don't know where to start but have picked a few at random with interesting looking titles!!!

Anyway, just to say hope you all had a good break if you got one, and are fit and raring to go with the new year. (Not sure I am, but there you go)

Catma x :o

Welcome back Catma and Nichola, and as Catma said anyone else who has had a well deserved break. :)

I haven't been away but have enjoyed the break. The first week off I didn't even unload my car with all the paperwork I bought home from preschool. :o I dipped into the workload over the following few weeks.

Last week after finding 2 books in the charity shop ( one of my favourite pastimes - shopping for bargains) I just laid in the sun on my trampoline (now being described by hubby as the most expensive sun lounger ever bought xD ) I have now been inspired by Dave Peltzer's life story from his books "The Lost Boy" and "A Man named Dave". They are the 2nd & 3rd books in the trilogy which started with "A Child Called IT" (which unfortunately I haven't read yet)

Highly recommended reading and for me a fantastic insight into how a Foster child feels towards his abusive parents and his struggles to overcome his low self esteem.

I feel very strange today, I am preparing resgister, parent newsletters etc but I am no longer the manager and will not be returning to my preschool on a daily - hands on basis. I have decided to stay away for the first week of term so that my new manager can get on with her new role without my presence.

I feel a bit lost.... :( but also very relaxed as I have all confidence in her ability to take over my role.

and I will have more time to concentrate on the business side of running my preschool. :D in the weeks to come.

Peggy