Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nursery education funding

Hi just wondering if anyone can advise? Fingers crossed they can :)

I've got my own private day nursery and have children who access 2 nef sessions on one day- one in the morning and the other after lunch. Can anyone advise me on how they plan as some children will do two sessions on one day and another may do five morning sessions. How do I ensure each child is offered the same across the week? This maybe a silly question but I'm confused and want to ensure I'm doing it correctly. Any help would be appreciated :-)

hi - welcome to the forum !

in my setting we have similar children, we tend to let the children decide what they want to play with - the new ones may need a little encouraging -so we get out different selections for them each time, but they all get to know they can get out what they want....or if they ask for something we havent got, we try and get it for the next time they are in.

we get lots of info from home before they start...so we know what they enjoy playing with, favourite books, toys etc...then we out similar things out to start with.

Welcome to the forum

I'm not sure that you have to offer the same to every child, its more about offering what individual children need rather than a blanket provision for all of them. I have a private preschool with children age 2-5, doing from 3 hours to 30 hours per week so we tend to plan a variety of activities across a week plus any interests from the previous week which are planned as enhancements for the continuous provision. Planning also includes any key child specific activities which are linked to interests either seen or from information from home. As for wanting to 'do it correctly' as long as the children are engaged, enthused and exploring then you can't really go wrong.

Just want to say that I agree with the comments above.

We too have children doing all mornings, some doing all afternoons some doing both sessions over their 15 hours and others doing 20+ hours over the sessions.

We let the children's interests lead us so even if we put out the same activities morning and afternoon the children still might not access all there was to offer.

The opportunity to revisit for some is very valuable.

I don't worry about what the children miss. We view the children and the activites holistically so whatever day the children are in they have activites to meet all of the areas of learning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)