Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reward System

:D Hi everyone

I would like to know any brilliant and creative reward systems that anyone out there uses. I have heard of things like marbles in a jar and apples on a tree, does anyone have any whole class reward systems they would like to share.

It is so nice to log on here and be surrounded by fellow practitioners!!!

thanks

charlotte

Ive seen pegs on a string, I think there were about 20 and after a good day the class was rewarded with a peg moving across. When all pegs had moved the class were rewarded with a party, which I presume was music and dancing and games.

In the past i have used the beads in the jar thing with the whole class when i had put them into groups each group had a jar - worked especially well because it was the groups responsilbitly to get a bead in their jar, at the end of the week we would count the beads in the jar and the group with the most would get a dip in the treat box (cheap pencils, rubbers, sweets etc)

really worked with the ones i was targeting as the rest of thier group told them how they had to behave without me getting stressed out!

Sarah

ps I also have a star of the week - who gets to sit on the star cushion. line up 1st etc etc - chooose this person on variety of factors not just good work but hard trying with something they find difficult, or being kind and caring to another pupil or whateva

not sure if this makes sense but have been planning all day and a lickle tired now!!!

Edited by Sarah H

Hi,

Ours is very simple really but works wonders. We have a big "smiley face" chart on wall with the children's names down one side. The children can get smiles added to the chart for all different reasons such as sharing, tidying up, being a good listener and whatever else we are focusing on that week.

On Friday's we refer to the day as our "smiley" day (mainly because i have a bottle of wine sitting in the fridge waiting for me!!!) and we count the smiles by each name. The 3 children with the most smiles get a certificate to take home and a reward from the special box. the rewards are yo-yo's, bubbles, plastic sunglasses etc. It is mainly cheap and cheerful stuff you can buy from a supermarket for party bags, but the children will do anything if they know there are bouncy balls inside!!.

The rest of the class get lots of praise and a cheesy biscuit, piece of melon, cheese or something similar because they all managed to get some smiles on the chart.

Last year we had a daily superstar. We made sure every child was chosen at least once - could be for any reason. I found it worked really well with our more 'challenging' children - especially when you caught them doing something 'good' and made sure you praised them loud enough for others to hear and repeated this a few times - then say to the class 'I want to give our superstar badge to someone who has been ............ today, I wonder who I could choose' Inevitably the children will name the intended child and that doubles their reward, not only have you spotted their efforts, but it appears that their peers have too. We had a big class grid with all their names on. Each time they were chosen we put a spot on their chart. They got to wear a big superstar badge all day, they had special priviledges (first in the line, collecting the fruit). At the end of the term we added up all the spots and the child with the most spots was chosen as a 'Supersonic superstar'. They got a certificate to take home and a prize. This seemed to work quite well and wasn't too time consuming.

Harricroft.

ps We chose the superstar at the end of the day ready for the next day, their name card was put on the superstar board ready for the next day.

Sorry Charlotte - just re-read your post and realised you were asking for whole class rewards.

We don't have anything official for the whole class, (have done group rewards at the end of the week) but we do sometimes say if we've had a particularly good day - we'll have an extra long play time, or a mini party or a treat that they can choose.

Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)