Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Training Suggestions Please

I have been asked to deliever some training for our fedder pre schools each half term or term after school for about an hour.

Please can you give me some suggestions on what training might be useful- we have done things like phonics, braingym etc.... but I find it hard thinking of relevant training what with cluster meetings and the like.

I have spoken to my feeder pre schools and they say they like to come and enjoy the training but don't have any suggestions on what they would like.

Plese help as I have yo give my head a list of the training I will be delievering for the year.

Thanks in advance

Lorna

What about training on the 6 areas of learning? You could take each individual one and set up activities which involve this ELG. Then you could get the preschool staff to actually use the activities themselves and make suggestions. I have attended a Maths course at a Cluster group and we had to do a series of activites as the children would do. I prefered this hand on course to others.

Sharing observations/planning with other groups is always a good one.

Sue

How about the new Every Child Matters, 5 outcomes in practice.

All early years practitioners will need to become familiar with the way these link standards, BTTM and FSC.

Peggy

What about training on the 6 areas of learning? You could take each individual one and set up activities which involve this ELG.

37173[/snapback]

Are we talking about training pre-school practitioners or parents? Just to play devil's advocate, I'm not sure how I'd feel about being trained in the six areas of learning by our local school. I'm all for sharing good practice, but not if it makes pre-school staff feel their knowledge and experience needs to be topped up by training from teachers. Or am I just being oversensitive??

Having said that, we as a group are always on the lookout for ideas for new approaches or activities, and how we can develop our practice. I'd be interested to learn more about how to better prepare children for their transition into Reception/Year 1, or how the school uses children's Profiles and observations we supply.

I'm also in favour of 'job swap' - when the teaching assistant and a pre-school practitioner swap settings for the day so each can see how the other operates. I think that would really help put everything into context.

Maz

I'm also in favour of 'job swap' - when the teaching assistant and a pre-school practitioner swap settings for the day so each can see how the other operates. I think that would really help put everything into context.

Maz

Think this is a good idea.

Sue

Sorry don't knowhow to highlight the quote?

Sue

When I said training in the 6 areas of learning. What I was talking abut was staff coming togheter with activites laid how and discussing how we could use the equipment to cover the ELG. Everyone sharing their ideas. Not sugesting anyone is more knowledgeable than others. I find it helps to dicuss how you can cover the ELG.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)