Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Washing Lines!

I have trawled numerous educational supply catalogues in a quest for a large free standing washing line, ideal for number line activities and games. I know that this product exists as I have seen it being used in several settings. However as yet my search has proved fruitless. Can any one help and point me in the right direction ? The product comprises 2 plastic poles with circular bases onto which the line and pegs can be attached. It is excellent for whole group number work, encouraging interaction and lots of fun. Many thanks

Welcome to the forum, jochatters! Could you perhaps make your own free- standing washing line? All you would need to do is fill a couple of flower pots with quick drying cement and shove a wooden pole into each. A couple of screw hooks and a length of nylon cord, et voila!

Sorry I can't help jochatters but would also like to welcome you, I'm sure someone will come along soon with a link to a suitable suppliers website.

The forum is getting a bit busier now that most members are returning from their hols. :D

Peggy

Dear Jochatters

Welcome - I have been wanting one of these for ages too - and I think they are in the NES Arnold or Hope catalogue but they are very expensive - but APSK what a great idea - I'm off to buy some quick drying cement and a couple of fancy plant pots. I had been thinking of enlisting one of my Dads to knock one up but this is much better and much sturdier than the ones I have seen and I can do it. It won't break when it gets shoved in the cupboard and even if it does - a new one can be made for very little money - brilliant. I am very much a no more nails and brute force person so this idea is brill - I will let you know how it goes

Nikki

I have trawled numerous educational supply catalogues in a quest for a large free standing washing line, ideal for number line activities and games. I know that this product exists as I have seen it being used in several settings. However as yet my search has proved fruitless. Can any one help and point me in the right direction ? The product comprises 2 plastic poles with circular bases onto which the line and pegs can be attached. It is excellent for whole group number work, encouraging interaction and lots of fun. Many thanks

37130[/snapback]

Think HOPE educational do a set but I cut Tshirts from coloured paper and laminated them .....with a washingline from the supermarket and some ex high jump poles 'borrowed' from KS2 they work a treat. We also have an outdoor washingline and numbers to fit different topics flowers, leaves etc.

I think the home made one will be less likely to fall over and you can use it for real washing in the water play, we have one made from flower pots and old broom handles that works very well.

• 2 weeks later...

In this weeks nursery world there is a washing line review for a wooden Jumbo Wasing Line it cost £19.99 from Early Steps (www.tts-shopping.com)but the review wasn't that good - it was very light and constantly fell over apparently. We use a 'home made' washing line similar to that already described, which works brilliantly.

Jo

Have you seen the 'Little Book of washing Lines'? [Featherstone Education] One suggestion is 2 parasol bases with broom handles & cup-hooks. I think they made a table-top one with dough or clay, but there were several other ideas.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)