Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Induction packs for new staff

Guest colechin

Guest colechin

Please could someone help me, I am wanting to put together an information pack for new starters or work experience staff.

Instead of me inventing the wheel, has anyone already got one that they can share?.

I know I will need to have operating times, policies, fire drills, who they report to, uniform, holidays & personnel belongings in to the pack but, am I missing any other important information?

Help and advise would be greatly appreciated. :1b

Hi...

had you thought about health and safety such as safe lifting techniques, what to do if......safeguarding information, who your first aiders are, about keeping chemicals locked away, food hygiene, guidelines for illness etc...., accident books

I use the employee handbook produced by the pre-school learning alliance who give templates that you can adapt to your setting. https://shop.pre-school.org.uk/A120

Also I have begun to use the CWDC Induction Standards Workbook (onerous but worth it in my opinion)...but it makes sure you have covered everything with plenty of participation from inductees to check their understanding and their responsibilities. It can become a tool to identify training.....and it's a free download. I wouldn't use it for short work experience placements but if students are with you because they are training then it will help them with their studies too.

https://knowledgehub.local.gov.uk/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=6573856&name=DLFE-36081.pdf.

hope you find this useful