Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children assessing own learning

Hi, how do you have your children assessing their own learning, do you do this in inputs and adult focused?

Are you F1 or F2?

I am in nursery; currently the children do this individually at the time of the activity - but I am not altogether happy with this practice and wonder if it needs to be done more 'formally'. The 'input' is done very briefly after the register, but that is only with regards to 'what we are learning'. I will be watching your thread with interest!

Hi there, We follow the 'Plan - Do - Review' principle and children talk about the learning that has taken with an adult in small groups. They are able to discuss what the enjoyed and what they found tricky (with some prompting) and from this we do a simple thumbs up or down. I have F2 children and wonder if there is a better way for children to review and reflect on the learning that has taken place. I too will be keeping a close eye on this thread B)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)